Artwork from above by Joe Castillo
* We at somebodiestreasures.com believe in a united Body of Christ, who have accepted Jesus Christ into their hearts as Lord and Savior. Our desire is to know Christ more fully; to be conformed into His image by the power of God's Holy Spirit. We believe denominationalism will continue to exist. When He comes again, these doctrinal differences, that have led to the division of the Body of Christ, will be done away with. We who are His, in truth, already are one Body and one Spirit in Christ Jesus (although we often don't see it clearly). We should all aspire to know, understand, and convey the agape love that God represented most perfectly by offering up His only begotten Son as a holy and living sacrifice that we might be redeemed.
* We believe the Bible is inspired by the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
(KJV) 2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
* We believe that the Bible reveals the Word of God, but in and of itself is not "the Word of God". The Word was in the beginning with God. (John 1:1, 2) The book, which we call the Bible, was not in the beginning with God. We believe that perfection is yet to come (I Cor. 13:10). Until that time, prophetic revelation from God will continue. Rev 19:10 "... the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy". The Bible ( as we know it today ) has a beginning and an end. The Word of God is eternal, having no beginning or end.
English to Greek
Word = ?????? = logos log'-os
Definition from Strong's Concordance ; something said (including the thought); by implication a topic (subject of discourse), also reasoning (the mental faculty) or motive; by extension a computation; specifically (with the article in John) the Divine Expression (that is, Christ): - account, cause, communication, X concerning, doctrine, fame, X have to do, intent, matter, mouth, preaching, question, reason, + reckon, remove, say (-ing), shew, X speaker, speech, talk, thing, + none of these things move me, tidings, treatise, utterance, word, work.
Click here for study of ancient >>> Aramaic
* We believe that prior to original sin man and woman were co-equal partners in the garden and in a world with no sin this is how God originally created us to be. "One" with another in being new creations in Christ Jesus is how we should aspire to be even now. Eph 5:21-33
Gen 2:22 and the rib, which Jehovah God had taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
Gen 2:23 And the man said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
* We believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one; being eternally existent, divine in nature and purpose. (II Cor. 13:14)
* We believe in one personal, transcendent, Almighty and Holy God, the Creator of all.
* We believe in Christ's imminent personal return in power and great glory; in His present and everlasting dominion. (Acts 1:8; Rev. 1:7; Dan. 7:14)
* We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His miracles; in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed Blood; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in Jesus Christ being the true and living Head of our church. (II Tim. 3:16, Rom. 3:25, 26)
* We believe Jesus Christ is the Head of the Body, i.e. God's Church. We believe that church government should be simplistic, rather than a complex bureaucracy. We desire to be led by the Holy Spirit in every function and direction of the ministries of each congregation. (Mark 10:42,43; Luke 22: 25-27) We believe that washing each others' feet is an acknowledgment of and in obedience to the Lord's commands. (John 13: 13-17; Matthew 28:20) It is our prayer that this be a literal and visual service, on a regular basis, when we congregate with one another.
* We believe in fervor and endeavor in both evangelism and missions. (Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-18)
* We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. It is the most important part of our daily routines so that we can maintain a strong and healthy Body. We further believe in the keeping power of God. (Heb. 9:22; Jude 24, 25)
* We believe in the sanctification and holiness of the heart. We believe that rising above this life is God's design for each of His tabernacles, both separately and eternally joined together as One in Jesus' Name as the bride of Christ. (Eph. 5:25-27)
* We believe that the ordinance of baptism, by full immersion in water, is part of receiving the gift of salvation, made possible through what Christ Jesus did for us in conquering the cross. (Matt. 28:19; Rom. 6:4; I Cor. 11:23-26)
* We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, as on the day of Pentecost. We also believe in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit, as evidenced first and foremost by the fruit of the Spirit ( Gal 5: I Cor. 13:1-13 LOVE/CHARITY..... ).
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
* Furthermore, we believe in the manifestations of the gifts of the Spirit, each in accordance to His will. (Acts 2:4; 10:46; 19:6; Eph. 4:11; I Cor. 12:8-11; Gal. 5:22,23)
* We believe that divine healing is obtained on the basis of the Atonement provided to us exclusively through our faith and belief in Christ Jesus. We believe He alone paid the ransom that we ourselves could not pay. After His sinless life in the flesh, His dying opened the door so that we may follow Him in being redeemed by His loving Father unto eternal life. Christ Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life and no one comes to the Father but by Him. By His stripes we are healed...Praise be to God and worthy is the Lamb! (I Peter 2:24; Matt. 8-17)
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment. (John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:15)
* We believe regular attendance, the giving of tithes and offerings and service should be considered both the opportunity and the obligation of every believer to support the local assembly.
As was common practice in the early days of the church, it is also right that the assembly of believers comes to minister to you . If God reaches and ministers to you by way of television, radio and/or the internet it should also be similarly supported.
* We believe that tithing, accompanied by free-will offerings, is God's ordained method to finance the spreading of the Gospel and the needs of the local assembly.
* We believe that sexual purity is necessary for all of God's children. It requires abstinence from adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality or other sexual relationships or practices forbidden in Scripture. (Heb. 13:4; I Cor. 6:18; Lev. 18:1-30)
* We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman, in a covenant commitment, for a lifetime and a sacred institution established by God. (Matt. 19:4-6)
* We believe in the person and work of the Holy Spirit who indwells, seals, and empowers every believer, baptizing them into the Body of Christ. We further believe that the Holy Spirit will come upon any believer who asks in faith, enabling him/her to become a living testimony to the Gospel, in the power of the manifestations of the gifts of the Spirit. We also believe all of the Spiritual gifts mentioned in the Scriptures are valid for today, if they are exercised within the scriptural guidelines.
* We reject doctrinal viewpoints or spiritual phenomena which are based solely on experience. We look to the inspired word of God, as well as to God directly through prayer in the name of Christ Jesus, for the basis of all our faith and practice.
* We believe a personal devil called Satan who, along with all his fallen angels (demons), is destined to spend eternity in hell. Satan seeks to deceive the believers and defeat the work of God. Satan can be resisted by believers who are in-dwelt by the Holy Spirit, protected by the armor of God, and interceded for by Jesus Christ our Lord.
* We believe that in the end, all that have not chosen to drink of the cup of life, represented by the blood of Christ (Luk 22:20, Cor 11:25) will be left only to drink of the cup of wrath represented by the blood of the saints. (Rev 16:6).
My growing faith leads me to conclude for now in posting
the scripture and picture below. May God bless all? YES!
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
Joh 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
Joh 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
Joh 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
Joh 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
Perhaps some would say my statement is to long and/or confusing
and perhaps I would say the same of theirs.
As best I try
I'm certain that I will still come up short
so in the mean time perhaps the best I can do is point.
* We believe that the beliefs expressed above correspond with the inspired word of God and the Word of God in both truth and in Spirit.
In some of my deeper studies concerning church doctrine and reformation my studies have led me many places. I am now a member at New Hope Fellowship in Bloomfield NY where I attend most regularly but enjoy fellowshipping where ever and when ever the opportunity presents itself in both Spirit and in Truth. I believe that it is foundational to anyone who follows the teachings of the Word of God that marriage between any two or more persons other than one man and one woman is not God ordained. That being said...Can two persons of the same sex, or groups of persons, be married??? YES.....but not with Gods approval or by anyone ordained by Him who are in Christ and on this point the Bible is quite clear.
Concerning to "The Trinity" ( the triunity of God )
I believe that the safest conclusion in terms of who we should call "God" is what the church decided in a vote of 2/3rd just after
the reformation which we now call "The Trinity" . The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are One. I can't say that God died on the cross as God is eternal. I can't say that God was tempted in that God can't be tempted but Jesus was tempted in all ways.
I can say that it is scripturally sound to call Christ Jesus our God because GOD the Father Himself said that He now shares "ALL" glory and honor and worthy is the lamb!!! If some day we all come to new light in terms of our understanding of the Trinity then I would also believe we would come to realize how foolish most of us were in arguing over it at all. Like in a multiple choice question...Answer Jesus and we get all of the above!